It sure seems like it has been a while since I did any caking. I purposefully took most of the summer off to spend time with my kids, since D was going off to college. (sniff, sniff). We hung out a lot and went on a family vacation. I also needed to finish some long overdue house projects and yard work. But mysteriously, none of that got done. Hmm…wonder how that happened. Oh well, I’ll get to it eventually.
From there I just added the swags and the flowers I had made the night before. The cake no longer had a musical theme, but a gal has to do what a gal has to do. The customer loved it, so all is well that ends well.
The filigree type flowers were made with cutters available here:
The trumpet like flowers were made with this petunia set:
The 2 white blossom flowers were made with the all in one rose cutter:
And I used various buttons from this mold for some of the flower centers: